Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Credit Unions, Building Societies and Mutual Banks are bound by the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice. The Code has been developed in close consultation with the community, government, consumer groups and our members.
We are focused on providing real value to our members through competitive interest rates, personalised service and a fee structure that is based on mutual support as Credit unions and mutual building societies are owned by our customers.
Just like a bank, we are a regulated financial institution which is required to comply with:
- Responsible financial management requirements (under the Banking Act 1959, regulated by APRA)
- Corporate and financial services’ licensing, advice and training and disclosure regulation (under the Corporations Act 2001 regulated by ASIC)
- Consumer credit laws and credit licensing obligations
- Privacy, Fair Trading and other Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation.
We also choose to subscribe to the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice as a public expression of our moral promise to customers to uphold the fundamental principles of mutuality, transparency and fairness.
Our 10 Key Promises to You
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our customers
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise member rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Note: These documents are provided in PDF format and require version 4.0 (or later) of Adobe Reader. You can download Adobe Reader by clicking on the "Get Adobe Reader" button below.