In handling your personal information, Heritage Isle Credit Union is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988, the National Privacy Principles and the Mutual Banking Code of Practice.
Collection & Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you, and will hold that information, for these purposes:
- providing you with membership benefits or information about those benefits and our financial services and products
- providing you with our financial services and products
- providing you with information about financial services and products from 3rd parties we have arrangements with
- conducting market or customer satisfaction research
- complying with legislative and regulatory requirements.
When you apply for a loan, we also collect information about you, in the form of a credit report, from Veda Advantage, a credit reporting agency, to assess your capacity to repay. However, we can only do this with your consent at the time. You can obtain a copy of your own credit report from Veda Advantage at any time:
- by post – Veda Advantage PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059
- by internet – www.mycreditfile.com.au.
Fees will apply. To find out about fees or payment options visit the website or phone Veda Advantage on 1300 762 207. The law also requires us to collect and hold personal information about you for these purposes:
- as a member of the Credit Union for our register of members
- when you open an account with us to verify your identity and address
- when we give you a loan – for our assessment of your capacity to pay or, if you are giving us a guarantee, for that purpose.
Providing Your Personal Information to Other Organisations
In providing our financial services and products to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other organisations. We only disclose your personal information to the extent necessary and to the extent required by law.
The types of organisations that we can disclose your personal information to are:
|When applying for a loan|
|When enforcing a loan|
|When you make a complaint to us about our services or products|
|When we engage contractors|
|When we have an arrangement with a 3rd party product supplier|
You may access your personal information at any time by asking us. We may charge you a fee for this. We will tell you what the fee is at the time. If you ask us to correct any personal information we hold, we will do so, and without cost to you.
What if you do not wish to provide us with information?
If you do not give us the personal information we require, we may not be able to admit you to membership or provide you with the financial service or product you have applied for.