This Privacy Notification sets out:
- why we collect and use your information
- how we collect your information
- what happens if you do not wish to provide us with information
- whether we provide your information to other organisations
- whether we disclose your information overseas and if so, where
- how you can contact us.
Why we collect & use your information
We collect and use information about you to:
- assess your application for employment with us
- verify information contained in your job application form
- assess, when applicable, whether you are a fit and proper person for employment in an authorised deposit-taking institution dealing with people’s money.
We do not retain your information if we decide not to employ you and we will destroy your information. If we decide to employ you, your information will be transferred to our employee records. Employee records are not subject to the Australian Privacy Principles.
How we collect your information
We collect information about you from:
- you directly
- your previous employers to check your employment history and any references your former employers have provided
- police checks provided by the Australian Federal Police, where applicable
- social media.
The Banking Act and the Corporations Act authorises us, where relevant, to obtain police checks. We will obtain police checks for all short-listed applicants. You will need to consent to our obtaining police checks. You do not have to but if you do not, we will not proceed with your application.
What if you do not wish to provide us with information?
If you do not give us the information we require, we will not be able to assess your job application.
Providing your information to other entities
We only disclose your information to other entities as required by law.
We will usually disclose information to the Australian Federal Police when we are required to carry out police checks.
- how you can access your information
- how you can seek correction of your information
- how you make a complaint and how we will deal with it.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We do not currently disclose your information to overseas recipients.
How to contact us
Ph: Contact Centre 134 374